Saturday, October 1, 2022

Justice Dept. Charges 48 in Brazen Pandemic Aid Fraud in Minnesota

Trending News

The defendants were charged with stealing $240 million intended to feed children, in what appears to be the largest theft so far from a pandemic-era program.

MINNEAPOLIS — The Justice Department said on Tuesday that it had charged 48 people with running a brazen fraud against anti-hunger programs in the coronavirus pandemic, stealing $240 million by billing the government for meals they did not serve to children who did not exist.

The case, in Minnesota, is the largest fraud uncovered in any pandemic-relief program, prosecutors said, standing out even in a period when heavy federal spending and lax oversight allowed a spree of scams with few recent parallels.

Read Full Coverage Here

Disclaimer: This story is generated from RSS Feed and has not been created or edited by Waba News. Publisher: The New York Times

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -
Latest News

2023 Audi Q4 E-Tron First Drive Review: Audi’s next EV step is a good one | Autoblog

Audi has a bold plan to have an all-electric vehicle lineup by 2033 and its next step toward carbon...
- Advertisement -

More Stories Like This